RENEGADE
STEPHEN NICHOLS ONLINE

Welcome Message:
Welcome to RENEGADE :: STEPHEN NICHOLS ONLINE

a website dedicated to American actor/writer/director/producer Stephen Nichols. Best known for his varied roles on daytime television, Stephen has just returned to his iconic role of Steven Earl "Patch" Johnson on the daytime soap opera DAYS OF OUR LIVES. Stephen also played the parts of uber-tychoon Tucker McCall on THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS, as The Dark Prince Stefan Cassadine on GENERAL HOSPITAL and Dr. Skylar Cates on the cancelled SANTA BARBARA. Stephen has also appeared in films and in episodic television such as CRASH, THE NANNY, EMPTY NEST, SECOND CHANCES, IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT, RENEGADE, WITCHBOARD, & THE PHOENIX. This is strictly a fan site and NOT Stephen's official site. This site has a strict no paparazzi policy and will not publish photos of Stephen during his private time.

Recent Images & Social Media:

..........................................................

Ex Libris

Official Nichols Twitter

Affiliates

Meta

Selected Gif

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the
Days of Our Lives.

Tag Cumulus

Linkback
To use, please right click then choose save picture as on a PC, or drag and drop or right-click (if you've got a two-button mouse) or Ctrl-click (hold down the "Ctrl" key and then click) on the image and then select "Save Image to Desktop" on a MAC. This site does not allow hotlinking.

FOR MORE SELECTIONS, CLICK [ HERE ]

Site Info/Disclaimer/Donate

STEPHEN NICHOLS ONLINE @ stephennichols.org is a website dedicated to the work of American actor Stephen Nichols. I am in no way affiliated with his person, his management, nor his family. All content, except otherwise noted, is copyrighted to their original owners and no infringement is intended and no rights implied. Content contained within are subject to fair use and used here either in whole or in part as a commentary on the work and career of Stephen Nichols.

I recently became embroiled in a little heated pseudo argument over at the official Sony board for THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS with the posters in what is called the ‘Tuckerlicious’ thread. It’s 3000+ posts strong where Stephen and Tucker fans get to gush about our guy. The post in question was one I made where I offered my screencaps to the group, however, I apparently pissed someone off by stating that I had better screencaps here than the ones she posted to the thread. I then, apparently, brought hellfire and damnation down upon me by being ‘rude’ or nasty but supposedly insulting this one poster’s work. I only stated that my screencaps were better than hers. I did not discredit her offering them up to the group to view.

As some of my visitors know, I was given the full content of what was webmistress Hurley’s Tamara Braun site @ tamarabraun.org, I was also given the domain. My site dedicated to Tamara is here: TAMARA OBSCURA and contains a large supply of HI RES images and low grade screencaps that don’t pass muster. And I’m willing to admit that. The screencaps given to me by Hurley for particularly Tamara’s work on the two soap operas DAYS OF OUR LIVES where she played the part of Ava Vitali, involved with Stephen’s character of Steve ‘Patch’ Johnson, and on ALL MY CHILDREN as Bianca Montgomery’s (Eden Riegel, currently Heather Stephens on Y&R) lesbian lover, Reese Williams, are of superior quality to the ones I did for Tamara’s work on those two soap operas. Mine are too washed out at times, or too dark depending on the day. But at least I’m willing to admit that they were/are not of the best quality. Having learned my lesson, I decided when I began this fan site for Stephen, I would provide the best quality screencaps of his Y&R work as I could so that his fans wishing to do banners, icons, avatars, etc, could have the best colour, tone, sharpness, et al, I could provide. This was not a pissing contest, only me pointing the posters to my site where they could find good quality screencaps for their projects. Nothing more, nothing less.

I posted in the previous post for today something that someone took offense to. It was done because I felt I’d been treated unfairly by those people and since this is my site, I felt I had a right to air my feelings…which are my feelings and I’m entitled to them given the amount of judgementalism that was given to me. I have since amended the post, but I will not apologize to give any ‘warm and fuzzy’ feelings of Khumbaya. I also told them I would not post any more images from this gallery to that thread due to the fact that it negates the purpose of this website to offer up my images to that thread without benefit of guiding traffic to my site, which is the reason fansites are created.

To them at that thread on the Sony board, I will not offer an apology. I don’t feel I need to, and it’s not becaue I’m being the aforementioned pissy, it’s because my original post to them was taken entirely out of proportion. If the poster I made the supposed or even imaginary slight to can’t take constructive criticism, a lot of which I have taken on the road through my self-taught HTML, PHP and WordPressing, then I don’t know what more there is for me to say, other than to say nothing.

Be Sociable, Share!

6 Responses to “AN OPEN LETTER TO THE “TUCKERLICIOUS” CREW”

1. Annika says:

Thanks for all the good work you do here. Don’t think it isn’t appreciated. There is something I could say about big girl panties here, I think I’ll just keep my comment to the higher road you showed here Dianne. You admitted your flaws. I just wish others would too. The world wouldn’t be so messed up. Please keep up the good work. Don’t let those others get you down.

• stephen nichols online says:

Annika:

I appreciate your support. About those BGP (big girl panties), I can’t help by say I agree. I just felt that what I’d said wasn’t, or shouldn’t have been taken so much to heart. As I said in the post, no one his harder on me THAN me. There are quite a few screencaps here that aren’t as good as perhaps they should be, but at least I’m not taking a frump. And my comment about the whammy, I was pissed….and I was allowed to be.

Take care and thanks for your post. It’s appreciated. Always.

Dianne

2. Rachel says:

You work so hard and give so much love in your efforts to show the great work of Stephen Nichols that it’s a shame that some people can’t just be nice. The best work is the work that is edited, always needing some improvement. It’s like me and my writing, you have to be able to take criticism for what it is. A way for you to learn and grow.

And hell no don’t apologize!!! Screw them!

• stephen nichols online says:

Yeah, that’s kind of what I thought too. And I agree completely on the best work. I’ve given them the clips and caps plus the promo pics they wouldn’t have access too, plus the articles. The way I felt about it is that I was just offering some advice. That’s all.

You’re a writer? I’m in the process of writing my own “War & Peace” in that I’ve been going at it for the better part of at least a decade. It’s a very long story which is probably going to take me to the end of my days to get it done. I’ve created a character I’m basing on Stephen whose name is Noah. Sometimes I think the writing process itself is like having a root canal without the freezing. I hate myself sometimes for not applying myself more, but then, I think all writers are hard on themselves.

3. Rachel says:

I’ve written stuff and after months “i’m wrote this’ It’s better than I thought it was orginally but I see a edit I can make.

One of my Fav. Author’s said that to brag about your book not needing any editing is a person who doesn’t believe in always trying to make it perfect and that was what editors were for, to help you. To look at things in a different way, offer ideas, she loved it when her scripts were ripped into, she wanted feedback.

My gma wrote a few stories, one in particular I want to work on. I can tear her book to pieces without feeling bad because I didn’t write it. She wrote great stories but she needs more background to bring it together.

• stephen nichols online says:

Oh, I agree about always wanting to make things better. I’ve been looking over some things I wrote about five years ago, and it’s good. I really like it, but I see room for much improvement. Always.

Every single person I’ve read a book on writing has said there is never an absolution for not making it perfect…. But it doesn’t have to be the first time out of the gate. Meaning, that your first draft, or even the seventh, will never truly be what it might be, but you can hope it is. One author named Pete Hamill who wrote a book called Forever about a man who is immortal, who due to an Indian shamaness’s promise, will never age until he meets his one true love but this also means he can not physically leave the island of Manhattan. He said he had that book in the can, or it was at the printers, when he realized after 9/11, he wanted to add a couple new chapters, so he had to run down to the printers to grab the book up and practically had to pry it out of the publisher’s hands. But I think all authors worth their weight, won’t ever say what they’ve written is 100% perfect. If any have, then I really have to say they haven’t.

One thing you might do is make sure that you do remember it was your Grandmother’s story. Technically, it belongs to her. They’re her characters, her throughline. That’s one of the reasons when there have been successful authors like say Margaret Mitchell who wrote Gone With The Wind, then the estate commissions someone to write a sequel called Scarlet, is it really the new author’s story when Mitchell originated all the characters and situations from which the new author has gathered her work? I don’t think so. This is one of the reasons I really wanted to write my own stories. I look around the internet and see gobs of really bad fanfiction where it’s more or less paint-by-number. These fanfic producers, because they’re really not writers since they don’t have to do with physical or mental work to create anything. All they have to do is watch the show like Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and get a hold of how Elliot Stabler dresses and or acts, the way the sets look and the legal/police jargon…they don’t have to make it up, all they have to do is effectively copy. When true writers create the tableau they’re writing about. Sure they take their cues from things they’ve read or research they’ve done, but ultimately, it’s their original work. I have a great admiration for those who can do this.